Sunday, January 7, 2007

Latte and Charity Knitting

So, I felt obligate to make a post. See, this blog really is making me write. Anyways I haven't done much more in the world of knitting. I am working on Latte, a Jo Sharp sweater done in Silkroad Ultra. Which I love love love. Here is my progress so far.

Not to shabby, I think. Here is another photo, included with all necessary resources...


In addition to this wonderful project I am working on a charity knitting project. My mom gave me all this free, acrylic yarn she got from an estate sale. So I had about 20 skeins of just random yarns, some half skeins some huge ones. So one day I'm just going online looking up patterns and things and I find this charity knitting website with a whole bunch of ways to knit for charity. Most of them are sweaters to teddy bears for kids, and then there's this one called "The Snuggles Project". What it is, is knitting blankets, or "snuggles" for homeless animals in humane societies or shelters. So I decide to try out new stitches and different ideas on these snuggles! It's a great way to fiddle around, and try and help out some kitties and doggies. I made a rather horrendous slip stitch tiny cat blanket and I am working on a medium sized cat blanket.

The yarns are knitted double, obviously, which makes the colors a bit ugly. But, cats don't care...I hope. Anyways I am doing k1, p1 for two rows and then knit a row. I think it looks fun, if not for the horrid color combinations. So here's the latest and greatest.

Sorry for the long post! - Alicia

No comments: